Crop status in E MT

JPH

Wondering how the timing for the crops are looking in Eastern MT along the Yellie? Will any of the corn be out by the opener or are things behind due to moisture?

Thanks for any general info.:cheers:

The only corn that will be out will be the stuff that has been chopped for silage. The grain corn won't go out till probably Nov.
I just got back from a week in Eastern Montana. There is good pheasant cover where I've not seen it before. Plenty of birds but scattered.

Thanks. I figured so much with all the moisture MT has received this summer. Luckily my other early season option is in an area w/o corn. Couple years ago hunting E MT at Christmas the corn still was not out.

Most of the fields around me are still standing. Wheat and barley have been cut, but corn and third cutting alflafa is still up. Raining again today and tomorrow, but then the 10 day says we'll warm up a bit and dry out....but I doubt it will be enough to dry the corn yet.
Coming home last night, it looked like the neighbors over at the Diamond Ring were getting ready to cut some corn, and there are a few fields closer to Miles City that have been cut, or are in the process of it. Even with the corn cut, there is an amazingly huge amount of cover for the birds. It won't be shopping, you will have to hunt! :)

Back