Could have bought a gem this weekend

buckmarkshooter

:eek:Kicking my self in the hind end! I had the chance to buy a true English double that was produced by I Hollis and Sons for $1,900. This gun was pretty much in great condition for an older gun. I did a little internet research when I got home. I Hollis and Sons quit producing guns in 1900, which means that the youngest that this gun could have been was 111 years old. Prior to research my guess was that it was produced in the 1960's. Beautiful Damascus barrel true English double. I should have jumped on it. This was probably some of the best condition that I have ever seen a vintage double in....Oh well, it was a real treat to see. I acutlly went back to the table to inform the dealer that this gun made my drive down from the Spring worth while. Don't know about you guys, but I simply love double guns. Something very cool about using a vintage side by side to chase pheasants in a beautiful hunting field. Kind of bummed that I did not jump on this offer, but I am not one to gamble with 2K at a time. Perhaps this dealer will be at the Colorado Springs show next weekend.:rolleyes:

Back