Corn

Birddog23

I will be heading back around Mitchell SD in about 3 weeks.

Will the Corn be completely out by then? I would think so.....

Thanks

I would think so too, or at least very nearly all gone. As of Sunday, the statewide corn harvest was apparently at 82%, which is only a little behind the average of 90% for right now. I know in some places, farmers are waiting to let the corn dry more, but I believe those areas are mostly east of the Mitchell area.

As you know A5, Labradors Thrive In The Winter Months, Unlike the Springers

I don't want too much snow, my daughter is coming and she's had 2 knee surgeries, 12 years old... No, 13 tomorrow.
:cheers: Hope things work out just the way you want them to! Great to hear you're getting your daughter into the game! I love having my girls along too.

She's not shooting quite yet, but were slowly getting started with some clay pigeons, target shooting.

She's a lefty, so I need to get her a left handed 20 gauge at some point here.

I know she said she definitely prefers to hunt behind a LAB. She prefers Black like myself. :) :) :)

:cheers: Hope things work out just the way you want them to! Great to hear you're getting your daughter into the game! I love having my girls along too.

She's not shooting quite yet, but were slowly getting started with some clay pigeons, target shooting.

She's a lefty, so I need to get her a left handed 20 gauge at some point here.

I know she said she definitely prefers to hunt behind a LAB. She prefers Black like myself. :) :) :)

Don't give her TOO much shooting instruction. Those lefties tend to be good at stuff. Don't want her outshooting the old man any too soon.

As for her preference in dogs, if she's 13, I fear she's probably already set in her ways. I bet it would have taken meeting a couple springers 8-9 years ago to have had any chance at all of converting her. That's OK though. Labs are as big of goofballs as the next breed. I know my daughters (10 & 14) have been springer girls for quite a while now (and they better stay that way, or they risk being disowned). They REALLY love watching Buzz tear around doing what he loves & emerge from the cattails with a mouthful of rooster. And as we know, there's nothing better than seeing the kids having fun.

I bet they love putting the doggy boots and sweater on the springer too so it can go out try to hunt in this cold weather.

Anything below 50 degrees!!! :) :) :) All in good fun!!!!!

Remember, there's a reason why LABS ARE #1.

Don't give her TOO much shooting instruction. Those lefties tend to be good at stuff. Don't want her outshooting the old man any too soon.

As for her preference in dogs, if she's 13, I fear she's probably already set in her ways. I bet it would have taken meeting a couple springers 8-9 years ago to have had any chance at all of converting her. That's OK though. Labs are as big of goofballs as the next breed. I know my daughters (10 & 14) have been springer girls for quite a while now (and they better stay that way, or they risk being disowned). They REALLY love watching Buzz tear around doing what he loves & emerge from the cattails with a mouthful of rooster. And as we know, there's nothing better than seeing the kids having fun.

I'm in Mitchell now, been here four days, got four to go. Most of the corn is gone, I would say 90% if not more.

Back