Brown County (MN) PF Banquet

omsrud

Saturday, March 21, Sleepy Eye. We also have pre-event raffles, presence not necessary to win. PM me if interested. We are always willing to take on volunteers, as well.

So you don't go to the Watonwan Co banquet? Is the Brown Co banquet any better? I would think about it but I think they are pretty close together.

BTW

Take your dad to that banquet, he wins too much at St James:D:D:D:D

I live in New Ulm and am the secretary for the Brown County chapter. I didn't make the Watonwan banquet last year but was there the year before and neither of my dad or I won a thing. Brown County is a larger banquet (I think we fed 430 people last year) and we give away a lot more stuff and in a wider variety for all types of sportsmen. We'll give away 30 guns or so depending on the turnout. I wish we were more like the Watonwan County chapter in a lot of ways. We put on a big banquet, make a nice amount of money and spend a lot (we participated in the acquisition of over 500 acres of new WMA last year), but I wish we were a bit more active. We have a small active membership right now and to do a lot of the activities, particularly the youth activities, like Watonwan, you need more active members. We do do a youth hunt, had a ladies hunt last year, and spend a lot of money on private projects, as well, but our youth hunt was put on at a game farm in Sept., which is better than nothing but not something I particularly agree with.

You're right. My dad wins a lot. He was at the Turkey Banquet in St. James last night and I think he went home with half the banquet package. 2 guns, knives, and a bunch of other stuff. Good for him though, I've seen the kind of money he leaves at those banquets.

I live in New Ulm and am the secretary for the Brown County chapter. I didn't make the Watonwan banquet last year but was there the year before and neither of my dad or I won a thing. Brown County is a larger banquet (I think we fed 430 people last year) and we give away a lot more stuff and in a wider variety for all types of sportsmen. We'll give away 30 guns or so depending on the turnout. I wish we were more like the Watonwan County chapter in a lot of ways. We put on a big banquet, make a nice amount of money and spend a lot (we participated in the acquisition of over 500 acres of new WMA last year), but I wish we were a bit more active. We have a small active membership right now and to do a lot of the activities, particularly the youth activities, like Watonwan, you need more active members. We do do a youth hunt, had a ladies hunt last year, and spend a lot of money on private projects, as well, but our youth hunt was put on at a game farm in Sept., which is better than nothing but not something I particularly agree with.

You're right. My dad wins a lot. He was at the Turkey Banquet in St. James last night and I think he went home with half the banquet package. 2 guns, knives, and a bunch of other stuff. Good for him though, I've seen the kind of money he leaves at those banquets.

The money he leaves at the banquet is insignificant to what he does for the communities. Hopefully you didn't read anything into it except a little jest toward a man many of us in the county EMS respect greatly;)

The money he leaves at the banquet is insignificant to what he does for the communities. Hopefully you didn't read anything into it except a little jest toward a man many of us in the county EMS respect greatly;)

I knew you were kidding. He does win a lot, though. If I spent the same amount he did, I guarantee I wouldn't win half the prizes.

Back