Brookings County Pheasants Forever banquet

Weimdogman

If this interests you hope you can attend! If you want to be a sponsor but can't attend let me know and I will work something out for you. We do drawings for sponsor gifts-1 gift for every 10 sponsors. The sponsor gifts average over 225.00 each.
Screenshot_20230223_120025_Facebook.jpg
We expect 200 sponsors and a crowd of 600.
Pretty impressive for a tuesday night in March! Planning to give away 60 guns. Real guns no air rifles.

Just around the corner. Meeting tonight and we had 160 sponsors with close to 40 more waiting on checks. I rally the troops and tell them keep going let's get 250 sponsors!

Seriously we have about 6 former sponsors not able to again. The economy with higher labor costs higher material costs,and higher fuel costs has been hard on some businesses. A couple have life changes-divorce-new jobs-vacations to escape our long winter.

It is good for new committee members to hear this to impress upon them the need to keep recruiting new sponsors.

Overall the generosity of many people is amazing.

Funny little story.
Yesterday I stopped at a small town gas station for a cup of coffee. Like 25 miles from Brookings. There is a truck parked there that had a half dozen wildlife stickers DU,Elk Tukeys....

I am getting my coffee and asked the 4 older guys who's truck. Guy says that would be mine. Told him relax I only wanted to invite him to our upcoming PF banquet. Guys were all interested so I gave them the whole sales pitch.

1 guy asks you give guns away? I told him 72 and 10 more in reserve if we need them. He says "GUNS" to which I told him yes guns.
So then I offered to bring them sponsorship forms.

I bring in a couple forms and we have a quick conversation about conservation. Now the sales clerk is standing there taking it all in. She tells me bring me a form my husband and I are avid hunters . She starts showing me hunting pics on her phone!

Been working to set up since 8 this morning. Dang we have a lot of merchandise besides all the guns. Mancave and gifts for the wife/girlfriend.

So we had 72 guns to give away and 10 as back ups in case there were more rooster bucks out. We gave away 79 !

We do a 10 hat raffle -last one standing- and the hats averagedaily 525.00 ! Many banquets see them go for more but this was a 30% jump for us.

2 original paintings both brought great money. Over 7g for the 2.

We ended up emergency seating for 700 and the event center told us they only have 650 plates!

With a little threat of freezing rain around 40 of our sponsors were not in attendance. If they had been we would have been using paper plates and plastic forks.

Sounds like a great event and good amount of money raised for the birds we love to chase. How much of the money raised with stay local for habitat work?

Sounds like a great event and good amount of money raised for the birds we love to chase. How much of the money raised with stay local for habitat work?
35 goes to national for memberships. The rest stays with us. We have been in 4 land purchases. We do a couple cost shares every year as well as pollinators plots. We help our conservation district with equipment purchases and upkeep.

We have $ to spend on land purchase but the cards have to fall into place. Govt tape is real and it is "sticky".

Now a pf guy told us if we We had 10 grand he can help us buy land. We said let's do that 10× however we are sure he is seriously mistaken.

Last year we tried to purchase 156 acres that would have cost us over 100G to hold for a year before the State would take possession. Problem was we weren't even in the ballpark at auction. We were not going in blind but a couple neighbors wanted that ground.

Back