Bowhunters

gsphunter23

Wondering if there any bow hunters out there looking to do some elk hunting next year. I have been bow hunting for 15+ years for whitetails back east and I am looking for a few people to bow hunt with for elk here in Colorado. Looking to do a few 3-4 day overnight trips next September. I am a 33 year old CPA with a family and 15+ year hunting experience.

Please let me know if anyone has any interest.

I have a great GSP too so I'm always looking to do some bird hunting as well.

bowhunting

Hey GPSHunter

Moved from west slope to front range this year and hunted elk and deer a bit with my recurve in recent non-kid past, but would now like to team up on some sort of endeavor. When I saw elk very close 6 mountain miles out I was seriously conflicted on whether I could even kill and bring something back without wasting the meat!
Sent you a pm.

Are you going to put in for a draw area or just get an over the counter license? Generally I put in for a draw are and if I do not draw then pick up an over the counter license. I rifle hunted last year but will take me a few more years to draw the same tag again. With that being the case I might do a over the counter bow hunt

This will be my first year trying elk at all. I am researching GMUs at the moment but do plan to put in for a draw. Goal is to go with the bow just for the experience of being in the woods if nothing else. I'll also be grabbing an OTC as another attempt to get the first elk. I'd be happy with a cow.

Back