Boots: Wide, Narrow, Large, Small

Chestle

I've mentioned Belleville Boot company before; they make boots for the military, LEO, Government and the general public. In business since 1904.

I have large, wide feet. In New Balance athletic shoes, 14EEEE is my best fit although the toe box is usually a bit tight.

So, the name boot companies rarely if ever have a boot that will fit me. Most stop at size 13 and it's rare any are wide enough even if they do have a 14.

I finally got around to trying a Belleville Boot. They had a sale on their ONE XERO™ 620 Ultra Light Assault Boot, basically a real light hot weather boot. At $50 I figured I had nothing to lose and I could try their fit in a 14 Wide. If I like it, I could get one of the more technical boots (insulated/waterproof) for this Fall.

Well, the fit is perfect; even the toe box is nice and wide. Great fit all around. Nice light boot; I have about 20 miles walking trails with my Lab in them. Broke in easily, just a couple miles; no blisters or hot spots at all. Good support, not too warm. Nice for yardwork too even on the hot days we've had.

I feel I got a deal. So, yes, I'll be looking at some boots for Fall. Probably something like this one:

I post here because if you, like me, have a hard time finding boots that fit, these guys make boots from size 4 to 16 with half sizes from 4.5 to 11.5 in Regular and Wide widths in a very large number of styles. The Wide is actually wide too; better for me than the New Balance EEEE.

YMMV.

Back