Bob cat

KCWIEM

Just got done talking to a friend... They were in western ks bird hunting with 5 guns and 3 dogs.... I asked them how they did and he told me they got 10 pheasants and 6 quail and one bob cat..... To make a long story short.... While they were walking back to the truck they where walking a draw near the road.... He could see all three dogs in front of him about 15 yds or so.... He heard something next to him and when he turned to his left he could see a bobcat crouched about 10yds from one of his dogs.... Needless to say he put the cat down with no hesitation.... Just was wondering if anyone else has had an experience with something like this...

Nature Surprises

Just got done talking to a friend... They were in western ks bird hunting with 5 guns and 3 dogs.... I asked them how they did and he told me they got 10 pheasants and 6 quail and one bob cat..... To make a long story short.... While they were walking back to the truck they where walking a draw near the road.... He could see all three dogs in front of him about 15 yds or so.... He heard something next to him and when he turned to his left he could see a bobcat crouched about 10yds from one of his dogs.... Needless to say he put the cat down with no hesitation.... Just was wondering if anyone else has had an experience with something like this...

Nature never ceases to surprise with what happens out in the open country.

cougar or mountian lion

it's been about 8yrs ago i had a young gwp it was just him and me out pheasant hunting in a creek bottom when he went on point, went to the bushes and kicked them to flush what i thought would be a pheasant but instead a baby cougar cub jumped out and luckly ran off. I stood their a minute and thought that's cool until i realized mom and dad were probably around their somewhere so then i took off running as fast as i could in to an open field and yelled at my pup to come here finally had to shoot to get his attention never been back to that creek bottom. still think about it some times kinda cool but still a little scary!

Back