Birthday 28 Gauge Over/Under

PTM

I have been selling guns trying to clean out my safe with the stuff I will actually use and prevent incidental safe bumps between guns. I even traded my favorite 16 gauge Citori for a 20 Superlight Citori with a club member as I didn't have a good twenty, I love the gun so far. I have always wanted a 28 gauge but thought that the Rugers and Berettas, the scaled 28's were a little more than I wanted to spend on a gun that will see occasional action. While back in ND I found a new in the box Legacy Sports Verona 501 in 28 gauge. I didn't get the price from the CDNN clear out but it was substantially less than a Browning or Beretta and I have heard good reviews on the gun. I can't wait to get home and see how it performs but I was surprised how good she appears to be put together for the price. Happy birthday to me! Anybody have one they care to share their thoughts on?

happy birthday

that was really nice of your queen to buy you a new gun for your birthday, WE would all like to meet her

cheers

You will really enjoy it!!! I still can't believe how they shoot. For some reason that I can't put a finger on, it makes me a better shot. Less wounded birds and birds lost. Less shots per limit, which can be a bad thing if you really like the smell of powder!!! My buddy pick himself up a 686 used lightly I might add for 1100.00 with 28" tubes and I saw him make a 50 yd shot on a dove today. Oh and by the way, still lots of doves around. Enjoy your new gun!!:cheers:

that was really nice of your queen to buy you a new gun for your birthday, WE would all like to meet her

cheers

You might joke around like that but I don't, call me old fashioned. I will give you a pass on this one but please don't make references about my family. When you reference we who exactly do you mean? If you were talking about the gun then disregard and my apologies, I'll try and post some pictures when I get a chance.

Last edited:
You will really enjoy it!!! I still can't believe how they shoot. For some reason that I can't put a finger on, it makes me a better shot. Less wounded birds and birds lost. Less shots per limit, which can be a bad thing if you really like the smell of powder!!! My buddy pick himself up a 686 used lightly I might add for 1100.00 with 28" tubes and I saw him make a 50 yd shot on a dove today. Oh and by the way, still lots of doves around. Enjoy your new gun!!:cheers:

I have one Beretta and am envious of your friend for finding that deal, kudos to him. I have already scarfed up some ammo and am mesmerized by the size of the round, I am excited to get home and fire off some clays and see how it goes. We had my buddies .410 out and had a ball with it so I think this 28 may start a new craze. Been seeing lots of broods in ND and MT and they are already colored, the first hatch looks like it was a good one. I am hoping we have a good year!

Back