Birds for training

BlackLab1

Hi All,

This is my first time posting on here, nice to meet you all. I'm in Wheaton and I'm looking for a place I can go buy pigeons for training my new lab pup. does anyone have any places to recommend?

Hey there Blacklab and welcome.:) I sent a text out to a friend who's purchesed them in the past.

I know a gentleman who purchases all kinds of game birds. I'll ask him if he can get pigeons too. How many are you looking for?

Nick

If you contact your state govt. you might find they license business' that raise game birds.

Also, game farms in your area probably would sell you a few birds...

Good luck!

Not looking good on pigeons.

I called a few guys. No one has any in stock. The last guy said he's out due to increased regulations dealing with avian flu:confused:

A breeder west of Elgin said his adult/breeder pheasants will be available mid-july if you're interested. I'm not sure how old your pup is, so that may be too much bird for him to handle at this point.

Nick

Thanks for looking into it Nick! She will be 6 months next week but I think even next month that might be a little big for her I'll have to see how she does. I didn't even think about the bird flu... crap that sucks. I've been more worried about the dog flu with the pup which seems to be calming down now. Thanks again for checking!

Tim

Back