Birds everywhere Saturday!

EddieMc

Saturday morning started off cold but the birds were everywhere. The first field we hit my pup Ella pointed 6 times and all six were hens. Second field we pushed and my buddy limited out and I still did not get a shot at a rooster only hens in range. That pattern continued all day until right before dark and we pushed some cattails and I managed to get a shot my first rooster of the day and got him so I wasn't skunked. Good news is my 11 month old Vizsla/Lab cross is a hunting machine. She held point on 8 different birds all hens but that's the luck of the hunt. I get one more Saturday to hunt and that will probable be it for the year, well except for going to a preserve.:)

Saturday morning started off cold but the birds were everywhere. The first field we hit my pup Ella pointed 6 times and all six were hens. Second field we pushed and my buddy limited out and I still did not get a shot at a rooster only hens in range. That pattern continued all day until right before dark and we pushed some cattails and I managed to get a shot my first rooster of the day and got him so I wasn't skunked. Good news is my 11 month old Vizsla/Lab cross is a hunting machine. She held point on 8 different birds all hens but that's the luck of the hunt. I get one more Saturday to hunt and that will probable be it for the year, well except for going to a preserve.:)

Great stuff Eddie. Good to hear you had success. I woud love to see some video of your puppy in action some day.

Great stuff Eddie. Good to hear you had success. I woud love to see some video of your puppy in action some day.

Thanks, I am planning on getting a go pro for next year so that I can video all our hunts. The last two hunts I am so tired after hunting from 9 to 5 that I forget to take pics.

I had the same thing happen to me in years past. I also forgot to turn on the darn camera and missed some great action. You will love the investment.

Sounds like you had a great day!!! Even though they were just hens your dog got some valuable training in.

Back