Bird numbers

Ranger6

Hope everyone is having a good season. I am fairly new to Minnesota last year was my first year hunting Pheasants here. From my foxhole it looks like bird numbers are way up. Last year I only killed five birds and I am at 21 so far and have seen birds on every hunt. It looks like a good hatch. I am concerned that I am not seeing very many hens as I am seeing about six Roosters for every Hen. I am hunting West Central part of the state and numbers are looking good.
What is everyone else seeing?

Thanks
Tom

I've only been out twice, but saw tons of birds. Ironically, I saw about 5 to 1 hens to roosters. One spot I saw close to 10 hens and just 2 roosters. I'm hunting in the SW part of the state.

I've only been out twice, but saw tons of birds. Ironically, I saw about 5 to 1 hens to roosters. One spot I saw close to 10 hens and just 2 roosters. I'm hunting in the SW part of the state.
Bird numbers are way up. We hunt in Western MN and the area we are in seems to have doubled over last year

I have gone a couple times now and I would say its about average so far. I went yesterday and raised about 40 in 3.5 hours. Bear in mind I do not hunt in the western or SW portion of the state, I hunt in the east-central. Yesterday most of what I raised was hens, including 15 in one spot.

Last year where I hunt the snow was already very deep by Thanksgiving which made it extremely tough walking. It looks like October out there right now.

Back