Big Fall Turkey Season

BritChaser

I just noticed on the KDWP site that up to four turkeys may be taken this fall season. I got my tags. One year my dog trailed something into the grass from stalks and two big toms flushed. I forgot that the season was on and didn't take a shot. I am still hoping to sometime knock down a turkey from a flush. Anyone ever done that?

that reminds me of when I was hunting and I thought in was a big rooster that my shorthair was pointing but it came up and was a big tom turkey and I shot it and killed it with 6 shot and it had 3 beards. It was very cool.

Turkey Shot Out of the Air!

that reminds me of when I was hunting and I thought in was a big rooster that my shorthair was pointing but it came up and was a big tom turkey and I shot it and killed it with 6 shot and it had 3 beards. It was very cool.

That is a great experience and a terrific shot!

I've heard of guys using their pointing dogs during the fall turkey season, with success. I think the trick is to find a spot where the turkeys are using good grassy cover. I wouldn't imagine a turkey would hold in timber with little ground cover. Just my thoughts. I bet it would be a site to see a 25 pound bird coming back to the ground.

Turkey Shot in Flight

I shot my first turkey out of the air yesterday, a medium sized hen.

Back