Better Hunting Conditions!

:thumbsup: Tonight finally feels like a November night in KS!!! Its getting chilly out there and I've got 3 days off coming. I'm heading to NC KS on Friday to hunt with a good friend and an 11-yr old that is a rooster shootin' machine. Hopefully there will be some sort of precipitation hitting the ground in the next couple of days to improve scenting ability. I''m very much looking forward to shivering before the walk. The cold provides much better conditions for dogs and hunters alike.

How many of you are headed out this weekend?

Best of luck to all! Can't wait to hear the reports; I know you guys heading to SW KS are going to make me wish I'd driven further, but gas AIN'T cheap these days!

Be safe. Introduce someone new to hunting!

Last edited:
im headed near the southwest region to hunt pheasant and then chase some geese. hopefully we'll get some of both in the bag. its always fun to get out though.

Howd'ya do out there in SW KS?

Kansaslabman, did you see any birds? I'm sure it was a great weekend in SW KS. See any quail? Other hunters?

man it was an excellent hunt
i shot my first triple ever and guess what it came from a covey a quail
i was so excited when i shot three cuz i have never done anything like that
in just a few seconds
but we ended up with five roosters in a couple hours hunt (saw alot of birds)
three quail and four geese in one day
most the day we were hunting the geese but managed to bag some quail and pheasants later
it was the best mixed bag bird hunt i have ever had

Back