Anyone for Kansas ? 12/8 -12/12

Brad6260

Heading out solo to N. Central Kansas 12/8-12/12.
I stay in Russell and Hunt there and the Cawker City , Glen Elder area. Got two labs and know the area very well. Been hunting there for twenty years. Yes the pheasant numbers are terrible but it better than sitting on the couch complaining about it.
Been told I'm not too much of a pain in the #@#&* to spend time in the field with.
40+ years hunting, VERY safety and conservation minded.
If anyone is interested in meeting up drop me a line.

Brad
Brad6260@insightbb.com

Lots and lots of orange for you and the dogs, brother! The crazy train rolls through KS that week:eek: I've stopped going during rifle season for the most part. It never bothered me before, but now that I take the kids with me, the wife has let me know in no uncertain terms how she feels about it. Oh well, I'll use those 2 w/e's for indoor batting practice with the ball team.

Good luck out there! It hasn't been as bad for us as I'd expected it to be. I'm pretty sure I could've shot a couple of limits (or close) hunting alone or with one other experienced hunter.

Brad,
Fellow KY birdhunter here....
I too have been hunting Kansas for over 20 years.
Have a lodge rented from Dec 6th thru 13th....but most of my firends are not going this year due to low bird numbers.

I'll send you a pm w/ my contact info.....if your interested.

Reed

Good luck out there! It hasn't been as bad for us as I'd expected it to be. I'm pretty sure I could've shot a couple of limits (or close) hunting alone or with one other experienced hunter.[/QUOTE]

Man, I take that as a slam Kbritt...well, not really since we did do pretty good when we found um:cheers:

Good luck out there! It hasn't been as bad for us as I'd expected it to be. I'm pretty sure I could've shot a couple of limits (or close) hunting alone or with one other experienced hunter.

Man, I take that as a slam Kbritt...well, not really since we did do pretty good when we found um:cheers:[/QUOTE]

You should; ya part-timer/outta-stater:D If we'd made shooting a limit priority over our sons' involvement, we could've shot limits where we were and the way the dogs were hunting. We probably could've got half a limit of quail or better to boot. I wouldn't trade 10 limits for the times we spent with our sons that weekend though.

Sorry OP, didn't mean to highjack your thread, but I had some splainin' to do:D

Trip Report

I was surprisingly pleased with the trip outcome.
I expected the worst and actually had steady action most every day. Yes I had to work hard for every flush but that's ok.
Unbelievable how few hunters were around. Russell county Kansas in early dec and I saw a total of three other hunters all week.Wow.

Brad.....glad you had a good trip and I do apologize for not returning your call.
Drop me a line or call when you have time!

Reed

Back