Any Pudelpointer owners on here?

Yes I have one. It's one of Uncle Bucks pups. He is two and very driven, already a pheasant finding machine. He works a little close for quail and we get behind working with other dogs. But for heavy cover pheasants and ducks he lives up to their reputation. I've hunted with three others, all females, and they are good , but not as driven.

My female is driven but somewhat frail and only 50 pounds. She's 4 and really turned it up another notch this year. Better than I thought she would be. I'm proud of her. Man does she lock up on birds! My first pointer.

I tried to get one before I got my present dog. Deal fell through.

At 4 I don't think your dog is fully developed yet. I've always gone by the 5 year rule. 5th year is when most pointing dogs really hit their stride. They may be good up to then but it always seemed to me (and my buddies) that 5th year was when they really get it together.

My dog turned 5 this year and he's made strides over last year.

Good to hear. Took me 10 years to get this dog. I doubt I will ever be able to get another one(Pud). I'm looking forward to lots of fun with her.

i have an 8 year old male out of Bob Farris' foundation dog, Tuckr....he weighs about 85 lbs and runs like a freaking deer.....my buddy calls him the missle, he loves to just tear up a CRP field.

I have a PP out of Ripsnorters kennel in Utica Ohio. Breeding was a Cedarwoods dog (Dam named Zayda) and a Fin Renard sire named Fin. He is a 1.5 YO dog and I am very excited about how he is coming along.

Had a lot of fun hunting woodcock, pheasants, ducks and geese this year. He also learned a lot in the grouse woods this year and you could see the light starting to flicker on handling them this year.

I will be training for NAVHDA UT test in 2016. But so far, he points well, is steady to WSF about 70% of the time and has been backing other points (started doing this on his own). Should be another fun year!!!

Last edited:
Back