Advantix Oral Tick & Flea Med

BritChaser

Stopped by the vet's yesterday to pick up some liquid flea and tick meds and the doc said to switch to Advantix oral. Anyone use it? Any problems? Thanks.

No problems and works amazingly. Yes ticks can get on them still but I find them dead on the floor. They take a bite and die essentially. Dogs have no reaction, eat it easily and no messes. Gotta say i'm using it for life as long as the dogs are doing okay with it. Used it this whole past summer/fall on my 3 year old, first year for me using it but only because I didn't know about it or it just came out (just came out if I remember the vet correctly).

yeah, we use it here in oklahoma. We get ticks pretty much year round if it is above 50 degrees. Had to switch because our dogs swam so much they washed the topical off after a few weeks. As was mentioned, the tickets get on your dog, but once they bite, they die.

I'll write a bit more about what I've experienced...

We still pick as many ticks off as we can but we don't fret if we miss any as they will be dead soon. Picking them off helps keep tick borne diseases risk to a minimum. The ticks we find are dead and haven't gotten any bigger by gaining dog blood. One thing to think of...if your dog is on your furniture, bed, camping mat, in the tent...the ticks fall off rather randomly where the wife might shreek lol. So maybe after some outings keep them off of places difficult to see ticks or vacuum easily.

I've never felt the liquid stuff worked well across the whole body and would always find ticks full of blood attached still. Didn't matter the brand, and it was messy. I'm a believer in it now for sure, like I said as long as my dogs take well to it and its not degrading their health.

We were using a 6 month injection originally and that worked better than the oral but it stopped being made or something.

Back