300 Wsm

Scoob

Does anybody have any thoughts on the 300 WSM calibre for deer/elk?

Reasons for or against?

Any thoughts on the Kimber Montana, Sako, Remington guns.

Thanks for your opinions.

I have a 7mm wsm and love it! The only down fall of the short mags is the ability to get to the heavier bullet weights. Because the cases are short and fat you cannot get big heavy bullets because it intrudes on the case capacity for powder. Anything 300 mag will rock anything in North america. As far as brands anything remington is tried and true. The 700 action is the one I use to build my custom rifles on. All Kimber guns are top of the line but you pay for them. They are top three gun builders IMHO. Nothing. wrong with a Sako either. Just get out on feel all of them at the guns shops and get the one that "feels" the best. An expensive gun that doesnt fit you right is a waste! good luck! ~~MATT

My buddy has a Winchester 300 WSM and he has dropped deer on his land up to 450 yards. I shot it target practicing and now I'm in love with it. I just don't need it yet as most of my deer shot are under 100 yards and my .243 works just fine and I haven't been on any other hunts as of yet.

My "West River Gun" is a 7mm WSM and I love it, it shoots real flat and I don't think twice about a 300-500 yard shot if the conditions are right.

Back