16ga ammo sale

I'd suggest the jump between 1200 & 1425 (for 7 whole yards effective range w/ #6's) increasing recoil by 36% & likely significantly affecting the pattern, isn't worth it & is better resolved by using #5's, gaining you 11 yds.
Wonder what the pattern difference would be between the 1425 6s and 1250 or whatever 5s? Ive never tested that one.

Theres almost 70 more pellets in the 6s, i would think that would more than make up for any slightly blown patterns at distance.

Wonder what the pattern difference would be between the 1425 6s and 1250 or whatever 5s? Ive never tested that one.

Theres almost 70 more pellets in the 6s, i would think that would more than make up for any slightly blown patterns at distance.

That's the thing. As every gun/choke/load combination will react differently, a guy never knows exactly what he's dealing with until he patterns them correctly. My favorite pheasant gun doesn't particularly like fast loads. More modern guns/chokes may handle them better on average. Same basic principals apply though.

Back