'13-'14 Season Ending Statistics

nstric

This year's statistics . . .

58 roosters bagged on 20 trips, averaging about 2.9 birds per trip. Longest tail feather was only 23 inches.

2,677 total miles traveled. $584 in total fuel costs, at an average of $2.93 per gallon.

I put FAR fewer miles in than has normally been the case, given so many of this year's hunts were relatively close (new ground acquired, etc.). For comparison, I logged 5,015.6 miles during the '09-'10 hunting season!!!

Fuel prices have dropped the last 2-3 years . . . a good thing.

Average birds harvested per trip has decreased . . . a not so good thing.

Last edited:
wow! you really keep track dont ya! all i know is i bagged 31 roosters this year and my longest tail feather was 24 inches. i may keep track of all my costs and mileage next year, i would like to know just how much money i waste on bird hunting/dogs and so forth lol.

no no no, I will not show my hubby the evidence of teh money I spend doing this! It was bad enough when I made the kennel a buisness and we found out how much we spend on the darn dogs!:)

Man I'm glad I don't keep track of this stuff.

When hunting becomes math..I'll watch football. And I'd take a quick kick to the junk before I'd watch football.

:nutz:

Man I'm glad I don't keep track of this stuff.

When hunting becomes math..I'll watch football. And I'd take a quick kick to the junk before I'd watch football.

:nutz:

Yea I don't want to know how much I spend on my hunting and fishing. Its enough to know its a lot. LOL:beer:

if i had to depend on hunting to feed my family we would die! lol i go for exersize and love to watch the dogs go at it. did some shed antler hunting this year and really enjoyed it.

Back