Wish me luck..

cyclonenation10

Against my better judgement, I think I am going to head out this afternoon for a quick hunt and then take the day off work tomorrow to chase birds on the final day. About 6" of snow here in Eastern IA and still falling. If we had had some more snow to hunt earlier this year I don't think I'd be as motivated to get out, but I just can't fight the itch today!

Last edited:
Good luck, it's brutal out there. I'll be heading out in the AM for my final hunt of the season.

Well, I would discourage it, but the temps are close to freezing, not bitterly cold. Maybe shake them up early so they can find a good pocket in the cover for the night, before it gets dark. No fun being a pheasant in these conditions. We recieved about the same amount of snow here in NW IA, sounded like Sioux City had a bit more. Post your results, finish strong.

Last edited:
I got all my chores done for the day (Except get the new snowblower running) around noon and went out to see what I could see. The cover is blown shut for the most part around me, and the wind picked up so I headed back to town without getting out of the truck. Got all the rest of my stuff done and will be heading out for the final day tomorrow morning. Hoping for a quick 3 birds (yesterday was an easy 3 when it started to snow). May try to get some quail too if I do not wimp out.

Back