Silence is deafening

Quailnerd

Well someone has to start it, I’ve had five days in the field, three states and two trips to the vet… thanks barb wire! I’m not ready to make a prediction for the year but it appears better than what I was expecting. Sand burrs are in places I’ve never had to boot a dog, timing of rain I suppose. Saw seven coveys today, six Wednesday and blanked on Tuesday. A couple 3 covey days to start the year. What an amazing bird to reproduce during a scorching summer. Thank you lord for creating quail!

Well someone has to start it, I’ve had five days in the field, three states and two trips to the vet… thanks barb wire! I’m not ready to make a prediction for the year but it appears better than what I was expecting. Sand burrs are in places I’ve never had to boot a dog, timing of rain I suppose. Saw seven coveys today, six Wednesday and blanked on Tuesday. A couple 3 covey days to start the year. What an amazing bird to reproduce during a scorching summer. Thank you lord for creating quail!
From what I can gather from here, other places and word of mouth, South K.S although is sucking for phez, the quail populations sound pretty good.

Back