Tristar

I have the Bristol Silver and the Bristol. Both in 20 gauge. Cabelas has them for a good price. So far so good. Appear to be well made, locks up nice and feels good to shoot. I do not think you can beat them for the price.

I'll probably hold out for a 26" barrel. That would get them down about 6 lbs. where I like them.

Hi guys. Brand New to the forum, but not new to bird hunting. I wrote a review of the Tristar Bristol 20 gauge, 28 inch barrels, I bought recently from Cabela, and also a separate Blog on hunting Rooster Ranch (Ubly, Michigan) pheasants with the gun. Both blogs and accompanying photos are on my web site, but not sure if it is permissible to post the link on this page. Maybe you can help. My hunting buddy Mark Steih is in the attached photo with his year old setter puppy.

Ron Jones
My web address is : http://www.crazy4goldens.godaddysites.com
Tristar review is in my Blog.

Attachments

• Mark w Bird.jpg
    Mark w Bird.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Hi guys. Brand New to the forum, but not new to bird hunting. I wrote a review of the Tristar Bristol 20 gauge, 28 inch barrels, I bought recently from Cabela, and also a separate Blog on hunting Rooster Ranch (Ubly, Michigan) pheasants with the gun. Both blogs and accompanying photos are on my web site, but not sure if it is permissible to post the link on this page. Maybe you can help. My hunting buddy Mark Steih is in the attached photo with his year old setter puppy.
Ron Jones
Midland, Michigan
Maybe you can help me 😉 what did your review say?

I have a buddy that bought a Stevens over and under. He says it is very light. I haven't seen it yet. Very cheap also, like 750.00 or so. His is a 20 ga.

I need to know if it is permissible to post a link to my articles. Many sites don't allow that.
As you can see...I'm a Golden guy.

Attachments

• RR Jak n Abby.JPG
    RR Jak n Abby.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
I need to know if it is permissible to post a link to my articles. Many sites don't allow that.
As you can see...I'm a Golden guy.
Mr Jones
I don't have any authority here, but I don't see anything wrong with posting a link to your blogs. I post links from time to time and no one has had issue with it. If webguy doesn't like it he will remove them, but I don't think that will be the case...

Thanks, 5stand. I wrote for Shotgunsports Magazine for several years. Now retired, I just post my musings and photos on a web site I named:

I’m a small time Ithaca collector, and a big fan of Caesar Guerini guns, so have posted numerous blogs on these guns. Was looking for an affordable 20 gauge double so I could retire my 110 year old damascus Flues, and the Tristar guns got my attention.
hope my link is OK with the web guy…
Ron

Last edited:
Shot 2 rounds of vintage skeet with the Bristol this morning, and was happy with the modest modification I made to the gun. The factory recoil pad is well designed…except that the surface is a bit sticky for efficient low gun mounts. The pad tends to hang up on the surface of the shoulder pad before the gun mount is complete. Bought a universal, Bakelite pad from Brownell, and it made a fantastic difference in the efficiency of the gun mount. Will be particularly valuable in the field. Cost me 28 bucks with shipping.

Attachments

• EAFD12B6-6C6F-447E-BA52-B487A9F31EE4.jpeg
    EAFD12B6-6C6F-447E-BA52-B487A9F31EE4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
Close enough for govt work. At some point I’ll most likely have my gunsmith install a Pachmayr pad, but he’ll have to shorten the stock to maintain the current 14 1/8 length of pull. My only other concern with the gun in the field is the safety. If you may recall, Browning Citori safeties doubled as a barrel selector, which could hang up in the “neutral” position in the field…preventing the hunter from taking the gun off safe during the execution of a shot on a flushing bird. The Tristar barrel selector is a toggle atop the safety lever…and it too can cause the safety to hang up in the field. I’ve been trying to break mine in, and the “hangups are now less frequent. Otherwise, fantastic gun for the price.

Just bought my first sxs. I got the silver Bristol in 12. Price was right for warming my wife up for future purchases. Pulls up fast….think I’m gonna like it

Trigger pull feels great to me! My expectation are at a 752. I was a little leery about Tristram till the guys at Cabela’s explain them to me. I think sxs are super cool. Been looking for about two years for one that wouldn’t break the bank. Can’t wait to try it out!!!!

Attachments

• 0FDE8892-1E78-4AF8-8357-9606E6DCDDB0.jpeg
    0FDE8892-1E78-4AF8-8357-9606E6DCDDB0.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 25
Back