Wow!

Thrasher

I went out around Harrington this morning to see if I could find any birds. Had not scouted the area so I figured I would drive around and find some WIHA that looked good. As I was driving by one of the cemeteries out in the middle of nowhere I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I stopped and backed up to see what it was. A three point buck had attempted to jump the fence, decorated with spearheads, and had not quite made it. He came down on the fence and got speared through his hind leg. He had been there a while as he had a hole dug trying to free himself. I called the warden and let them know. I mentioned shooting it to put it out of its misery and was told that they would have someone out to take care of it.
After everything was taken care of, I hit a decent CRP field. The dog and I walked the field for about an hour and a half before we finally pinned the birds against an edge. Ended up with a mixed bag out of that one field. One rooster down, one knocked sideways twice that flew into a posted field, and a quail. Hunted another field and had a hen flush after about a one second point. The birds held a lot better then the last few weeks, but the wind and warm conditions are making for hard scenting conditions.

Quite a day you had. Thanks for the hunting report. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Back