Wisconsin Bird Chaser

Deanerbrew63

New guy here. Lifelong bird hunter but had been without a dog for about 10 years. Raising kids etc. Have a two year old GWP - Remi. To say he is allot of dog is an understatement. But what a pleasure to be around. Loves the water. Perfect in the duck boat or goose blind. And then runs big on the prairie. Had a number of firsts. Went to No Dal with my wife for sharp tail. And killed my first sharpie. Had a great fall. Ducks. Geese. Ruffed grouse. Woodcock. Sharpies. And Iowa Pheasants. Then got a wild hair and after Christmas drove to KS for Quail. Little OnX scouting and an hour into the trip two WI boys had found two coveys. Killed a couple and I have a new favorite bird. Totally hooked Glad to be part of the group. I love craft beers and good Bourbon. Cheers.

New guy here. Lifelong bird hunter but had been without a dog for about 10 years. Raising kids etc. Have a two year old GWP - Remi. To say he is allot of dog is an understatement. But what a pleasure to be around. Loves the water. Perfect in the duck boat or goose blind. And then runs big on the prairie. Had a number of firsts. Went to No Dal with my wife for sharp tail. And killed my first sharpie. Had a great fall. Ducks. Geese. Ruffed grouse. Woodcock. Sharpies. And Iowa Pheasants. Then got a wild hair and after Christmas drove to KS for Quail. Little OnX scouting and an hour into the trip two WI boys had found two coveys. Killed a couple and I have a new favorite bird. Totally hooked Glad to be part of the group. I love craft beers and good Bourbon. Cheers.
You come to the northern plains, I'll show you some birds hunting.

You come to the northern plains, I'll show you some birds hunting.
Hey Goosemaster where on the Northern Plains? We made our first Sharpie trip to No Dak this fall. Base camp Dickinson. Hunted mostly south and west. Took couple days to find some birds then found many birds but small pockets. Beautiful country way out west. Next fall thinking of going back and certainly want to hit that same area again. But thinking on the way back to try more north central pothole region. Minot area and work all directions from there. Thoughts? Would much appreciate. Take care and cheers!

Welcome from a native Wisconsinite living in Indiana flatlands.
Where in Wisconsin? I grew up in Webster, way NW corner. College in Eau Claire. Currently living in Iowa for the last 20 years or so. Even though living in Iowa spend a lot of time in my home state chasing Ruffs, woodcock and waterfowl. Iowa is not much for pheasants in the recent past. j
Just not enough cover to really raise and carry over winter enough birds. But always hoping next year will be better.

Back