winchester sx3

peterpointinglab

I bought my first brand new in the box shotgun today. 80% of my hunting consists of chasing pheasants and i spend an average of 50 days in the field per year. I went into it wanting a semi auto 12 that was light enough to carry all day. I ended up choosing a winchester super x3 field 20 ga model. loved the way the gun fit and it had the feeling of a rooster killing machine. I was wondering if any of you guys own or have shot the gun and what you think. And i have a hard enough time hitting birds with a 12 ga do you think shooting a 20 ga will make my chances even worse:confused:

You made a great choice. The SX-3 has the same gas system as the Browning Maxus, which really tames the recoil. And, the SX-3 is a little lighter than most other 20 GA autos. What's not to like?

My wife shoots a 20 gauge at upland and waterfowl. you should be OK if she can kill geese you should do fine with Phez.

039.jpg

Got a buddy that has the SX3 20...shoots the heck out of it. It feels great in my hands, but I've never pulled the trigger. Enjoy!

Back