Wia

Wish they would start a federal pheasant stamp or upland stamp to cover the cost and the cost of supporting crp and other programs for upland hunting!

I think an additional permit should be required for those using the WIA's.
Maybe like a $5-10 fee with the upland license and pheasant permit.

I think the cost of non res lic and fishing lic should match the neighboring states and how they charge us to go there. 2 5 day fishing passes for the same price, and so on to match funds with them, and apply all that money to programs like that as well as a local stamp addition for all of us. Also states that do not let us say, pheasant hunt opening week, can not fish or hunt here the first week either. Making them pay and jump through the same hoops as we do in other states may make them change. Another thing is to simply stop supporting and funding it, and spend your $ in the state in a similar manner. Pay a MN farmer to release birds and pretend they are all wild. Every dollar spent else where is revenue our state looses to another for funding this type of improvement. I don't think allot of Minnesotans realize just how good they could have it in this state, and in a short amount or time.

I'd pay more for more habitat access. Whether that is a WIA permit or something else. What that amount might look like is more interesting. I truly do not notice the cost of the stamp now and would likely not notice if it doubled or so. I do fear that bird hunting may be headed the way of deer hunting in cost, however.

Sadly I only made it to two WIAs last year and one was horrendous. Even frozen it was terrible to walk through -- and no birds on either. Still more habitat, more opportunities for the birds and us.

Just an FYI. I read in the paper today that the $15 fee was taken out of the Outdoors bill. The legislators thought the fee was too much.

I would gladly pay $15 to have more areas to hunt. It is a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of the money I spend on bird hunting.

Id pay the money but how would they keep the people who dont buy the extra stamp or fee off these lands ? I found some of these WIA to be as good if not better than some of my favorite WMA or WPA 's !

Id pay the money but how would they keep the people who dont buy the extra stamp or fee off these lands ? I found some of these WIA to be as good if not better than some of my favorite WMA or WPA 's !

You would have to have a stamp or some form of validation on your license to hunt the areas. You would get a fine if you were caught on WIA without it, I would assume.

Count me in to pay for a WIA stamp. I also would support a raise in all the other stamp pricing if it would help habitat and get us all a little more land to hunt. I think the WIA program needs to stay and some of the WIAs with maginal cover would benefit form a few more years of growth.

You would have to have a stamp or some form of validation on your license to hunt the areas. You would get a fine if you were caught on WIA without it, I would assume.

I understand this but does the dnr really have the man power to keep people who dont have a stamp or whatever they want to use off these lands ... the answer is NO !

I understand this but does the dnr really have the man power to keep people who dont have a stamp or whatever they want to use off these lands ... the answer is NO !

Does the DNR have the man power to check everyone no but if the treat it as if you are hunting with out a license I bet very few people will not buy one.

The DNR does not have the manpower to check everyone for everything but people generally follow the law. I have not been checked by a game warden since I was 12 in a goose pit. I still follow the rules. I would anyways to preserve hunting for posterity but there is always the chance of getting caught.

The DNR does not have the manpower to check everyone for everything but people generally follow the law. I have not been checked by a game warden since I was 12 in a goose pit. I still follow the rules. I would anyways to preserve hunting for posterity but there is always the chance of getting caught.

+1 I haven't been checked by a CO since I was 20, doesn't mean that I am out there breaking the law just because I don't get checked. Sounds like someone has a conscience problem.;);)

+1 I haven't been checked by a CO since I was 20, doesn't mean that I am out there breaking the law just because I don't get checked. Sounds like someone has a conscience problem.;);)

My point was not about who's got checked and who has not im proud that you guys have gone all this time whithout congrats :thumbsup: I have got checked and guess what I had my lisence and was not doing anything agaisnt the law the Co. was just doin his job! My point was it only takes a small group or maybe even one person to make something as good as having walk in accesss work here in Mn be gone ! I guess I was just playing the devils advocate Calm down boys many things can get miss-read on the interweb!

:cheers:

My point was not about who's got checked and who has not im proud that you guys have gone all this time whithout congrats :thumbsup: I have got checked and guess what I had my lisence and was not doing anything agaisnt the law the Co. was just doin his job! My point was it only takes a small group or maybe even one person to make something as good as having walk in accesss work here in Mn be gone ! I guess I was just playing the devils advocate Calm down boys many things can get miss-read on the interweb!

I have hunted with you and your shady at best:D:D:D:D:D: Hows the new pup?

I would also be willing to pay an extra fee for walk in access. I like the idea of issuing a seperate stamp for the WIA access. Most hunting laws and DNR regualtions are self regulated by us hunters anyways. The DNR officers are there to enforce when they can but they rely heavily on education of hunters and on hunters following the rules. You could easily go out and hunt on public land without a license throughout MN and not get caught..but the question is why would you as the price you would pay for getting caught would far supercede the price you would pay for a license. This same theory would apply for the WIA sights. IMO..More money spent on wildlife and land conservation in MN is good for everyone.

I agree with Ken that our NR fee schedule is all out of whack. A NR can drive a few miles over the border and fish here all season for $36. That is a joke! A full season NR fishing licence should be at least $100. They could still have 1 or 7 day licenses that are reasonable for tourists making one trip here. I saw they were proposing raising resident licenses from $17 to $24 and NR from $36 to $40. I agree with the overall increase but lets take advantage of what we have here and start bringing in some more NR cash.

I would pay the extra fee to keep the WIA program going but I doubt most would. The average guy thinks he's paying too much for licences already and won't pay anything more than he has too I see maybe 10% buying the WI stamp. Not enough to keep it going.

Back