Which Benelli Ultralight?

The weight and it feels like an extension of my body. One of the best feeling guns ive ever shouldered. Ive been doing a lot of reading on that Impala Plus though. Glad someone mentioned it as Ive never heard if it. Under 7 lbs, holds 5 shells, and under 500 bucks for one with walnut. And a high rib-seems like the cheaper shotguns other than Stoeger have low ones. I am hoping there is one at the big Sioux Falls gun show at the end of the month to take a look at.
Been totin an 8.5 lb Citori that does seem to weigh me down after a while, but I think I may love it too much to see it go at this point. I rarely go over a half hour from home without two shotguns when I hunt, so both will be welcome in the rotation.

I used to hunt with a remington 870 synthetic 12 gauge when I first started at the age of 16. It was the only shotgun I could afford, so that's what I used. Once I got a real job, I upgraded to a Benelli. The difference was like night and day. That 870 belongs at the bottom of the lake as an anchor.

So the only reason you would buy the Ultra Light is the weight, right??? Don't burden yourself with the weight of that long barrel, captain has the right idea....smith that bad boy down to 20" and post the weight....you will start a trend that all the cool kids will be doing next. I picked one up at Pheasant Fest , I am pretty sure I will never own one, 3 shells??? Is that correct?? I need to weigh my 11-87 loaded-up with 5 shells...you boys would never walk a field with that bird killer! In all fairness, I am seldom in a parcel for much over 2 hours and I am not sure I spent 3 hours in the same parcel all season, so weight is not a factor for a shotgun with me....yet.
After my father passed, I received his 11-87 (circa early 1990s). It weighs 8.2 lbs- unloaded. It has become my wet weather pheasant weapon.

And I pray for dry weather every day I hunt pheasant.....

I used to hunt with a remington 870 synthetic 12 gauge when I first started at the age of 16. It was the only shotgun I could afford, so that's what I used. Once I got a real job, I upgraded to a Benelli. The difference was like night and day. That 870 belongs at the bottom of the lake as an anchor.
The thing is after being used as a anchor the 870 will still work😉

The thing is after being used as a anchor the 870 will still work😉
Haha. I know its indestructible. Its a multi-purpose item. Anchor, fence post, etc.

I just got sick of the weight. My Grandpa and Uncle (who I hunted with often when I was younger) both had Benelli shotguns and when I held theirs it was like picking up a feather compared to mine. Plus they generally folded more roosters than I did too. So naturally, I gravitated that direction when I upgraded.

Back