Where to go in December?

I personally do not hunt released birds but for those that do more power to ya.
Now having said that, I frankly am tired of hearing A-5 and JCW denigrate those that hunt pen raised birds by calling them pseudo-roosters, and referring to your's as 'Close Nosed as if you're the superior hunters. Grow up!!
I don't get that closed nose thing. What the hell is that? I agree with them on pen raised pheasants. That's not real hunting.

Following up, got home this afternoon, I saw lots of birds out and about and moved birds in just about every section of public I hunted. Unfortunately as expected they were very spooky and they never really gave me or the dog any chances. I shot one rooster in the thick grass that the dog never saw and we were never able to recover it. I learned some things not sure if the dog did though, other than what happens when you make it to the end of the shelterbelt lol

Ran into this mid November. Big beautiful dried up cattail with grass around the edges. Birds blowing out 100 yards up. Must a been a hundred or more. Did knock one down but couldn’t find. My dog does not retrieve and not the best at finding a down bird. Let alone in thick cover polluted with bird scent. Never did get another chance that hunt. Hatched a plan for the next day. My dog Shady…,is shady. Love her to death but she’s got a motor with a 4 barrel carb but she’s good. But dang I wish I could shift her down 2 gears. Anyway, next day I never set foot in them cattails. I let Shady go off on her own and walked to a high spot along the edge. Had my gps and I could also follow her by cattail rustling and birds flying well ahead of her. She covered 50 acres as I watched crouched on the hill. Eventually got her working back to me on the hill and had several shots on hens(of course). And dropped a rooster in the open field. Worked like a charm.

I don't get that closed nose thing. What the hell is that? I agree with them on pen raised pheasants. That's not real hunting.
Pen reared pheasants typically wear a blinder to prevent them from pecking one another. It creates a large, visible opening in the nare (nostril) and is one of the more common methods of identifying a pheasant that was raised in captivity.

He went to the Owatonna Gun Club. Musta had quite a hunt chasing some chickens around.

I'm glad he supports hunting but seriously, that is nothing but a clown show.
It sounds like the MN governor is a former small town kid from Nebraska. Easy Nebraska, wait for it.....

I bought some pen raised quail this year for training. Wildest damn Quail I have ever seen. I could not get the supplier to tell me where he bought them. I wanted to go investigate what this breeder was doing to them. Flew as hard as any Wild Quail....

In December I would go to Montana to hunt wild birds. Look for secret covers up on the high line. Lots of birds there if you know where to look. If the icy winds blow off the high Canadian you'll be chilled to the bone if you don't wear a good coat. And leave the 28 at home....

In December I would go to Montana to hunt wild birds. Look for secret covers up on the high line. Lots of birds there if you know where to look. If the icy winds blow off the high Canadian you'll be chilled to the bone if you don't wear a good coat. And leave the 28 at home....

Make sure you’re driving a rube wagon like an Escalade or a big Expedition. Also don’t be afraid to pass out some cash to try and gain private access. You might bring some cheap beer and act stupid

Back