whats in your flask?

beefcake

Alright gentilemen when out hunting what do you guys carry in your flask to keep jack frost at bay?? For me its alittle 12 yr old scotch.

Water and coffee in the field, and an ice-cold beer at home once the birds are processed and the gear is stowed. I might slip a little Bailey's into my coffee thermos on special occasions... :cheers:
-Croc

Grampa always had some peppermint Snapps (sp?). It works pretty well for a quick warm up and has a low alcohol content. Gramps didn't wait until the hunt was over. That trend has evolved a bit over the generations. Crockett's explanation fits me a little better, except we usually have a cold beer while we're cleaning the birds. We obviously refrain from post-hunt drinking when we've taken some kids out.

I'm with the water and coffee group. You can alway have a little drink of something after the birds are processed. Alcohol in the field is reason enough for me to quit the hunt and never go with you again. Guns and Alcohol do not mix and nothing anyone can say will not change that fact.......Bob

AFTER the hunt its usually gentlemen jack. in the morning on rare occ. might put a little peppermint schonps in the coffee

Bourbon After the Hunt

After the guns are sheathed for the day, I break out a bottle of W.L. Weller bourbon and pass it around. It is a well-received tonic after a long day in the field. Of course, no alcohol while we are hunting. Guns + alcohol = dangerous hunters.

Two bottles of water while hunting. One for me. One for the dog. Once the guns are away it is Jameson for me.

Start the day off with a Dr. Pepper...then water, water, water; then well after the hunt, Turkey and Diet Coke; repeat as necessary.

Excellent Prescription

Start the day off with a Dr. Pepper...then water, water, water; then well after the hunt, Turkey and Diet Coke; repeat as necessary.

Sir, that is an excellent prescription: "Repeat as necessary."

I pretty much quit drinking alcohol and pop so it will be water and maybe some gatorade. If the day is good I may slip in a MGD or a Miller Lite after the hunt is over.:cheers:

Jack for bourbon or "The Famous Grouse" for Scotch. Either is acceptable........ only ice please. Never during the hunt and never around the kids. Be a gentleman please.

Best regards, and have a great season.

Back