What I know?

Got a bit of bad news yesterday on the bird count:

In Colorado around Haxtun and Holyoke three different guys in outdoor trades say they have not been seeing many birds this year "only about one-tenth as many as the previous two years.

Colby Kansas: The corn is starting to come down and the birds are not flying out like they did the last couple of years. It is still early on the harvest and hopfully they are in other fields.

I'll pass on what I know next week, hopfully better.

Thanks for the update sdt; just wish the news was better. :(

I'm thinking I'm probably going to spend more time chasing quail here in CO than phez. Just have to see how it looks as the season rolls on. Any news on how the public plots around Holyoke are looking? Any cover?

This is why for the very first time ever, my son and I along with a very good friend are heading to South Dakota. We lined something up there and we will be heading there the weekend before Turkey day. We won't hunt opening weekend this year here in Colorado (CINC house won't let me spend that much $$ and time just yet). We might hit some WIHA here and there and we will hit Kansas in January.

We will also be doing some waterfowl hunting this year, as the duck numbers are up!!

Good luck to all and be safe...

Greg

We'll need pics of course...

Have a great hunt in SD! I haven't made it to the pheasant mecca yet but hope to some day. Good luck with the waterfowl too. :thumbsup:

This is why for the very first time ever, my son and I along with a very good friend are heading to South Dakota. We lined something up there and we will be heading there the weekend before Turkey day. We won't hunt opening weekend this year here in Colorado (CINC house won't let me spend that much $$ and time just yet). We might hit some WIHA here and there and we will hit Kansas in January.

We will also be doing some waterfowl hunting this year, as the duck numbers are up!!

Good luck to all and be safe...

Greg

i think kansas in January will be a nice long walk and little else to enjoy but the scenery......but good luck anyway, i would stay home and do a canned hunt, if nothing else.

Yup, heading to ND this year, mid-October. Have been going to SD for the last 5 years and thought we would give ND a shot this year. To bad its such a long drive or I would spend most of my hunting days there.

Back