What do you think about this

Now I'm not a lawer but did stay at a holliday inn last night. :)

Here are your town ordinances.

http://library7.municode.com/default-test/home.htm?infobase=10413&doc_action=whatsnew

Sec. 3-26. Definitions.
The following words, terms and phrases, when used in this article, shall have the meanings ascribed to them in this section, except where the context clearly indicates a different meaning:
Nuisance shall mean a dog which:
(1) Molests passersby or passing vehicles;
(2) Attacks other animals or persons without provocation;
(3) Is unlicensed or is not vaccinated against rabies as required by this article;
(4) Is repeatedly at large;
(5) Turns over garbage cans;
(6) Barks, whines or howls in an excessive, loud, continuous, or untimely fashion, so as to unreasonably disturb nearby persons; or
(7) Is without an owner.
Owner shall mean any person, firm, association, partnership, or corporation owning, keeping, in charge of, in control of, or harboring one (1) or more animals.
Vicious animal shall mean any animal that because of its temperament constitutes a threat of injury to human beings or other animals.
(Code 1973, § 3-20)
Cross references: Definitions and rules of construction generally, § 1-2.

Sec. 3-27. Restraint required.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any owner to fail to keep his dog under restraint at all times or to permit such dog to run at large.
(b) Every owner shall have his dog when off the owner's property in his or his designees presence and on a leash of a suitable length not to exceed six (6) feet.
(Code 1973, § 3-23)
State law references: Authority to adopt ordinances regarding restraint of dogs and cats, etc., V.T.C.A., Health and Safety Code §§ 826.033, 826.051.

Now the only question I have is if your wife was inside can you prove your dog never left your property? If he would have walked up to him on the sidewalk he is now on public property and is in violation of the leash law.

Just a thought...

I think goldeneye has a great idea about video and telling your story. If you want the exposure, maybe check to see if one of your local news outlets has an investigative reporter type. I've seen some of these before and they do seem to have an impact.

Back