what do you look for in pups

Gunslinger33

just wondering what everyone looks for when picking a pup out of a litter. I know everyone has there own thing. just looking to hear what they are.

I generally am more interested in the pedigree and the parents than a specific pup. If the pedigree and parents are not what I'm looking for then none of the pups are going home with me. But if everything checks out and I have the opportunity to select a specific up I would probably take the one that seems the most attracted to me. The one that keeps coming back to you when the other pups return to the pen. Sometimes there is just that connection.

That said, I bought my last one over the internet without seeing the pups. I did have a friend go visit the breeder and check things out. But this pup is probably the best dog I've ever owned.

I focused on the parents' hunting abilities the one time I bought a pup. They sounded good so I got him (just one pup left). He was a dandy.

I agree on pedigree, I've picked up two Brit pups in the last 3 years and they were from different breeders, but similar bloodlines. I personally had a specific "look" that I was seeking. (slender body, long legs, blocky head) in the Brits, I found the Maveric line to be most appealing to me. as far as their drive to hunt, i think it varies dog to dog. My 4 month old is already showing my aggressiveness and drive than my 2 yr old did.

Back