Western Slope

phsnthntr

I was wondering if there are any western slope pheasant hunters on here? I make a annual trip to Nebraska but I'm looking for Western Slope hunters to stay a little closer to home. I thoroughly enjoy the great pics all of you folks have posted keep up the good work.

Hey phsnthntr,

I'm in Crested Butte. Not quite the western slope, but I have a Vizsla and enjoy getting him out to chase the wiley rooster as often as I can. I usually have time constraints that don't allow me to travel out of state very often. As a result I belong to a gun club in Delta (BCWC). This is the only way I can get my dog on birds on a more regular basis. Their facility is great and the birds are strong. My dog doesn't care if the birds are released or not, and the large flight pens allow for very strong birds.

Good Hunting!

Paul

Hey Paul nice to know there are a few of us out west. I have been to Black Canyon wc a couple times nice facility and had a great time. We have a little WIA in Mesa county. I went and checked it out last weekend and nothing on the ground everything had been cut and baled. That was a little disappointing. I talked to my DOW buddy and he stated it was mainly for dove and goose hunting personally I didn't think there was enough habitat for a jack rabbit. lol I did find a PF chapter here in the valley I guess that would be a good place to start. Hunting was a little slow in Nebraska this year we did see quite a few birds considering that absoleutly no corn had been picked would love to get back out there but time is an issue for me as well.

Back