Webley and Scott 712 sxs

henrybird

Anybody have any experience with the Webley and Scott 712 sxs? It is a more recently made gun.

Fausti made it using a Webley and Scott boxlock design under contract with W&S with Webley & Scott name.

I also saw the exact same gun at Bass marketed under the Fausti name but in a 410/28 gauge two barrel package. The Fausti version goes by the name DEA Duetta.

They have a couple of the W&S in both 12 and 20 gauge models as well. Fit and finish seems great and the wood looks nice. I really liked the balance.

Hi i have a recently purchased a fairly newly produced sxs... not really sure the vintage. But thinking app. 1980's. i looked long and hard to find a gun that really fit me, and this one really works. Tt is really well made, but i dont think this one is Italian made. good luck

Dustin, what name is on your sxs (was its W&S too).

Trying to find a recently produced sxs in good quality at an affordable price is tough. Baretta's Silver Hawk is nice but starts to get pricey. Browning BSS are nice but not made anymore and a nice version in English stock starts to get pricey as well.

There are some CZ that seem ok that are Turkish made but I've only seen one that was owned by a friend close up.

Vintage sxs are nice but the stock dimensions are a bit off for me.

I ended up getting the Webley and Scott in 12 guage. It just felt right and the build quality on this one appears very good. Can't wait to get it out and put it through it's paces!

I am very pleased with this purchase. I found a few reviews and they reflect some good things as well. Hopefully my shooting will live up to the gun and the fine gun dog I will have in front of me this year!

The balance is great and the grade III walnut is sweet. The Anson and Deely boxlock has a rich heritage and history in English style shotguns.

H

my w&s 712 has a loose rib because the solder coming out from under it. Sticking trigger and sticking ejector. Its a quality item yes? It will cost more to fix the issues than i paid for the gun. Maybe i can use it for an extra canoe paddle.

British 12 gauge S x S’s can be bought right; but I’m referring to actual British guns. I’d love to have one from the WWI or WWII era, maybe as late as the 50’s or ‘60’s…lots of makers 100 years ago. Not an expert, but I rub elbows with some guys that are…Brit 12’s can be bought right, and they’re generally good guns, and many are fairly light.

For the $, a Ugartechea boxlock 12 gauge can’t be beat…sub-1k guns, Spain knocked off the Brits for 10 cents on the dollar. I have 5 uggies…28, 3 16’s, and a 12 gauge sidelock. Fabulous guns! My retired gunsmith worked on the finest British guns and raved about Uggies…must agree!

For the $, a Ugartechea boxlock 12 gauge can’t be beat…sub-1k guns, Spain knocked off the Brits for 10 cents on the dollar. I have 5 uggies…28, 3 16’s, and a 12 gauge sidelock. Fabulous guns! My retired gunsmith worked on the finest British guns and raved about Uggies…must agree!
Read yesterday that Uggie is back in business. Not sure if it is same/same, or in name only though. Have to do some more research.

Back