Webguy in Mexico

webguy

UPH Owner/Founder
Staff member
Guys, just thought I would post Day 1 photos of my Mexico duck hunting trip at the Pintail Lodge, Mexico. Sorry if I sound like I'm bragging... but I am. It's a great time and the ducks are fast and furious. They serve some rediculous Mango Margaritas too.

pintail-lodge-1.jpg

pintail-lodge-2.jpg

pintail-lodge-3.jpg

pintail-lodge-4.jpg

pintail-lodge-5.jpg

The last photo has one of Jake's custom duck calls

Were all greeeeeeeeen with envy webguy. Looks like a fun time. I think I have seen this outfit before, maybe one of Tom Knapps destinations on Benelli's American bird hunter.

How much ammo you going thru and what is the daily limit for ducks?

WOW! Sittin in short sleeve shirts, aint seen that in a long time. Nice pics. Thanks for sharing, and don't come back and say how warm it is there or the Phez Gods will get ya! lol Hope you're having a great time.

Rod:cheers:

Brings back thoughts of Texas and 85 degree weather, have you shot doves off a bar stool with a pinacalata in one hand and a 12gage beneli in the other yet? I here thats fun. All I brought back for photos was some long horn pics. at the trial grounds had to cut out early. Looks like your having fun. :cheers:

Man you guys are basking in sunshine and warmth. We sitting in 33 above and hoping it get warmer. Looks like you are having a ball. Keep it up guys, life is short and enjoy---Bob

Day 2 Afternoon/Evening Hunt

WOW. Well guys, day 2 afternoon/evening was fun. I spend the afternoon downing Coronas all day and Fernando and Enrique were making fun of me because "webguy" drank a ton of mini coronas in the sun. The bird boys were giving me some s*&^ because I had my shirt off and they could tell I was from Minnesota because I was so white. Yes, it was funny. I was showing them photos on my computer of snow and pheasant hunting photos and they were having a good time seeing them. I think they like the fact that they can make fun of one of their customers and I can actually take it.

Photos with narritive below each....

pintail-lodge-7.jpg

Ben is one of the booking agent's for pintail lodge. Great guy.

pintail-lodge-8.jpg

Enrique "the man" hooks us up with the food and booze.

pintail-lodge-9.jpg

This is the lawn guy. He doesn't speak a lick of english, but smiles at tall american's.

pintail-lodge-10.jpg

Leased land from one of the local's. Very friendly and waive to the webguy!

pintail-lodge-12.jpg

Pintail's getting off the freshwater ponds.

pintail-lodge-13.jpg

Pintail's closeup. This photo is before our Javelina hunt.

Day 2 Photos - Javelina Hunt

pintail-lodge-14.jpg

Ben & Dan going for a Javelina

pintail-lodge-15.jpg

There they are....

pintail-lodge-16.jpg

Hi webguy

pintail-lodge-17.jpg

They are close now.

pintail-lodge-19.jpg

Ben shoots and misses...

pintail-lodge-20.jpg

Corona Time....

Day 3 Morning Duck Hunt

Day 3 was fun. Very hot in the AM and it was a heck of a hunt. You just can't beat hunting in the great of weather. After we were done shooting ducks, the bird boys have Coronas for the ride home on the airboat.

pintail-lodge-21.jpg

Ben, Carlos & Ryan (webguy)

pintail-lodge-22.jpg

A group from Florida we had margaritas with. They stayed on the other side of the main lodge in their own casitas.

pintail-lodge-23.jpg

Mango Margaritas on the deck with Ben.

Nice pictures, It makes us want that Bright thing in sky even more. Not to say the hunting, Man that looks really fabulous.---Bob

The limit is 15 ducks down here. The birds will come in just insane flocks and decoy in very nice even though it's late season down here. The pintail's are just beautiful birds and the redheads we got in the AM were very cool. Spectacular place and we had some quail for lunch and they all laugh because I have had seconds on all the food and double deserts. Great food here.

You're making me jealous!

I leave for Mexico on the 22nd, and can't wait! I'm trying to set up a day of duck hunting while I'm there, so maybe I'll have some good pics to add!

Wow, I ended every sentence with an exclamation point!

Enjoying the photos Webguy. Keep 'em coming. Are you using your new Canon super-zoom on the wildlife shots?

UGUIDE: The Redheads were fun on the the 3rd day. They would come in circle one time then fly at us. They would flare off and our shots were tougher on day 3. They have a 56k internet connection down here with wireless in the lodge. Good enough for me.

JMB: I'm using the Canon when I can. I just have to make sure I do some hunting too. I wish I would have gotten some with the pintails piling in.

The other guys that were hunting in the lodge came back crying because they saw a ton of ducks that morning. Said that was the most they have ever seen. Here's the photo

Boy OH Boy what a bunch of ducks. Congrats to the shooters they did very well indded. If I shot at that many Ducks now at my age I'd have a sore shoulder for a week. 50 clay birds is about my limit nodays.---Bob

Dove Hunting Day 3

On the last day (Day 3) we did ducks in the morning and slammed the redheads so in the afternoon we drove inland near San Fernando, Mexico and hunted quail and dove's. The dove's come in packs and really embarass you. L to R: Ben, Ryan, Tony and David.

ben-ryan-tony-david.jpg

Once again the Jealous Meter is "PEGGED !" Really nice pictures of the ducks Webguy, Did you get any banded ones down there??

Back