Way to quiet

LoneRooster

It is way to damn quiet on the forum..When I wake up in the morning it feels like fall, I am setting aside a couple hours tonight to re organize my gear, clean the guns, It is finally cool enough in the evenings to do some serious training with the dogchild to get her ready for another great season. Early goose has already started, waterfowl starts in a 5 weeks and before you know it we will be knee deep in snow chasing the wily rooster. Is anyone else as excited as I am?
:cheers:

man i agree 100% me & you are the only guys to comment on the MN WIA thread ???

i assume not everybody is as hardcore of pheasant hunters as some of us on here are??? as the pheasant season draws closer you will see more & more MN guys commenting on the threads... got to remember most pheasant hunters only hunt 4-6 maybe 7-10 days at most only the hardcore are out there in the knee deep snow & cold them same guys are on the forums 365...

all i got now is maps & new upland & gundog magazines to get me threw till the opening of this hunting season in MN...

ive been working with my young dog as well for about the past WK on holding point & being steady to wing using pigeons she is doing great i was also till i ran into a ground hornet & he stung me in the face man i was hurt n!!!

i cant wait to hit the MN prairies for some prairie grouse hunting mite hit some woods for ruffed grouse on the way home come SEPT. 15 i want to go blast a few doves as ive herd & seen there are loads this year i also may go jump a few areas for early goose??? but???

going to the game fair this wk-end i think??? if not im working the dog & maybe shooting some clays??? & will be swimming the dog alot more also got to get her in hunting shape my self as well...

i think i will be working the dog on a few WMAs & check them out for the late season kind of a scout walk threw a WMA or 2 & see if any birds are on them??? will be on PF project lands so fingers crossed i will get the girl on some wild birds B4 the season...

off to walk the dog & dream of the up-coming hunting season...

I have been running the dogs 4-5 nights per week lately. It is so nice that it is not 90? outside. The dogs will be ready, hopefully I will be too. I need to get out and shoot some more clays to get tuned up.

The forums are going to liven up now.
42 degrees here a couple mornings ago. Even smells, outside a little like Sept already.:thumbsup:

My 13 month old Britt gets work everyday, gonna be fun!
About 3 weeks from now We'll be in the big grasslands.
4 year old Lab and my Britt, Huns and Sharpies. And scouting out the pheasants.:cheers:

I had 10 minutes of heavy hail a few weeks ago (which trashed my garden) so the grounds is littered with leaves and the dry weather + hail really dinged the grasses and ferns, so it looks like fall, even a few maples are getting some color. I am enjoying the heat it was 93 yesterday.

I am quiet because I am bummed about WPAs NWRs and now our WMAs being grazed and hayed. Its less huntable cover for an average schmuck like me and that hurts in these times of ag booms and CRP loss and fewer landowners willing to give permission.

I still love hunting the prairie and watching my dog work, my enthusiasm is just tempered, thats all.

Back