Water in the field...

I’ve taught my dogs to drink out of a disposable squirt water bottle. The 16 or 20 oz size. When they get thirsty in the field they come up and I squirt it down their throats. No waste and off they go. I have water jugs and bowls at the truck but the squirt bottles keep them going for a long time.

I use to bring a got cooler. In the winter you would have to carry a hammer to spin the lid off when the threads froze up.
A lot of my Nalgenes came from thrift stores for 2 or 3 bucks. Some are collectibles like the one that started at a bible camp in Scott.😆20171115_161929.jpegIMG_3834.jpeg

If anyone needs to carry a lot of water for longer hikes, I highly recommend the bladder bottles like Hyrdapak or platypus. As you hunt through the day and hopefully gain birds, the bottle shrinks which gives better room. It took me awhile to trust the bladders but they have worked well. Much better than multiple hard bottles crushing the birds.

Been using this last 2 seasons and will continue to do so. Works very well, they drink from the scoop and barely waste any. Good quality. 25 ounces, was about $15 on Amazon in 2022. Easy to refill if you carry and extra plastic 16oz bottle or two on the really long hikes.

Back