Watch for Astro 430

Tomahawker

Looking for watch to pair with Astro 430. Bought the Fenix 6 and…too pricey, too complicated. I don’t care if it even tells time, I just want to know dogs location. Anybody point me in a direction?

I think the only answer is the instinct. I love mine. Very rugged, simple, great battery life. It's honestly perfect for hunting. And I think it's the cheapest one that can pair to the dog trackers.

Update! After learning you have to carry the handheld with you for the watch to work, I scrapped it all. Charging, carrying and keeping track of 2 collars, 2 handhelds, and a watch is the epitome of complicated. Bought the Alpha 300 and to hell with the rest. Gonna try her out this week in SoDak.

Depending how you hunt I would still recommend the watch. I have the 300 and use it with my watch. The watch is so much easier for quick checking where my dogs are (plus the direction and distance to the truck). It's much better than staring at a controller screen. But I use the watch everyday outside of hunting so it's second nature to always have it and have it charged. I get about 7 days from a single 2 hour charge with the instinct. The solar can go even longer.

Back