Wasting birds

BigRand

Just have to get a rant off my chest today. After hunting at least twice a week since resident weekend, minus last week for west river deer. I have come across two public areas with fully intact birds left there after being shot. This enrages me to no end. Why some clowns have to go out and shoot birds to not take them home is beyond me. Informed the warden both times. Nothing will come of it because how do you figure out who left them there? People like this have no business being allowed to hunt. Go shoot clays and be on your way. Leave the birds to those that truly enjoy pursuing them.

Just have to get a rant off my chest today. After hunting at least twice a week since resident weekend, minus last week for west river deer. I have come across two public areas with fully intact birds left there after being shot. This enrages me to no end. Why some clowns have to go out and shoot birds to not take them home is beyond me. Informed the warden both times. Nothing will come of it because how do you figure out who left them there? People like this have no business being allowed to hunt. Go shoot clays and be on your way. Leave the birds to those that truly enjoy pursuing them.
They will have a karma injection.

I found a big mule deer buck, half eaten by critters,in yhe brush recently. I suspect it was poached by some hick deer hunter.I should have called it in.

Are you sure they weren't just breasted out? Some fools do that and throw the rest away.

Nope, picked them up and looked them over. For sure just shot and left there. No attempt to even harvest meat.

Maybe just placed on the back bumper and forgot them until they were too far down the road. I know it has happened with guns before. I'd like to think a forgetful act and not intentional. Either way it's wasteful.

I found a big mule deer buck, half eaten by critters,in yhe brush recently. I suspect it was poached by some hick deer hunter.I should have called it in.
Whole lot of theories on that one compared to finding two whole dead roosters together by a parking area.

Deer die naturally, from predation, etc. Surely it could have been poached but one would think the person that shot it was doing it for the antlers or the meat, and would not let the whole thing just rot away.

I'm with you, wanton waste is a serious ethical violation. I would put money on the same person as it seems very odd that you would come across that scenario twice.

Maybe just placed on the back bumper and forgot them until they were too far down the road. I know it has happened with guns before. I'd like to think a forgetful act and not intentional. Either way it's wasteful.

Whole lot of theories on that one compared to finding two whole dead roosters together by a parking area.

Deer die naturally, from predation, etc. Surely it could have been poached but one would think the person that shot it was doing it for the antlers or the meat, and would not let the whole thing just rot away.
It was on the same farm where I found 3 roosters just left on yhe path,poached and left. Block management farm.I should have called tip mont.

Back