Wanted: Weather Change

Bucketmouth

Whew!! August has been a rather brutal month as far as temperatures and precipitation in most parts of MT. Yesterday several cities tied or broke the record for high temperatures (many hi 90's and a few triple digits).
With 5 weeks until the season opener, lets hope for a change in our weather pattern. I talked with a couple of my rancher friends and they emphatically stated that if conditions do not change, there will be no access to their property (citing fire hazard). Lets hope September brings a much desired change in the weather pattern.

I hear you, we have not had any precip up here on the high line for several weeks now, sounds likely slightly cooler temps will be around for archery big game and grouse and hun opener, hopefully by the middle of Sept. things will change as far as weather patterns go

I agree, things need to change. We have more mosquitos right now than any time this year, not sure why.

Hoping to hunt grouse Monday, but it is going to have to be early in the day!

No hunting in the Bitterroot Valley

You couldn't see a grouse around here for the Idaho smoke and if you have COPD you probably would die in a couple of hours so we wait a couple of weeks. (hopefully).

I'm new but been on this site for several yrs but joined awhile back. Yep, been terrible smoke in the Mission Valley too. Scouting for birds in the valley has turned up very few. Lots of skunks,racoons and hawks. Been poor hunting last 4 years. Wondering if anybody has reports on sharptails,pheasants in the Conrad-Shelby areas.Thanks

Back