Vet near Canby or Marshall?

Bob Peters

Hi, we're going on a trip out by Canby tomorrow, hunt Friday thru monday noon. I usually try and save a vet contact info for my general hunting area. Any good suggestions?

Several years ago I had a Britt tear open her chest - barb wire fence. Vets listed on the web for Canby was not actually active.

Marshall Vet Clinic did a nice job getting her in and stapled quickly. The young lady Vet was great.

1698344178966.png

I'd recommend the vet clinic in Clear Lake, South Dakota. They helped my dog out when she got into a fight with barbed wire and lost. It was after noon on a Saturday and all other vets were closed. They charged me less than $200 for the staples, pain meds and cone. Depending where you are at in the area, they may be closer than Marshall too.

Damn barb wire :mad:

A decade or more ago I was hunting up in the NW corner of ND. Main Britt ripped chest open on barb wire. It was a long drive to Minot (closest to where we were staying). They were busy so the tech set me up on how to flush the wound. Vet came in and looked it over ... clean. Did the first two staples and handed me the staple gun. He said if you feel comfortable stapling ... you can keep the staple gun. I stapled her up and off we went.

Left the stapler at my brother's and he lost it.

I was always a little leery anyways of stapling a wound before the vet looked it over. You absolutely have to flush ALL debris away before sealing the wound.

Back