Upland hunting newbi from Kansas!

Hello to all! My name is Edgar and i am from Kansas city, KS! Last year was my first time upland hunting and i am hooked on forever! Just now seen this site and its awsome! Lots of great info! Just thought i would say hey!

Welcome to the site! You can go from novice to pro just by reading through all of the past threads on this site. Everything you need to know and some stuff you don't:D

Tell us about your first outing.....did you have dogs in your group? Whered'ya go? Give us some details:cheers:

Good luck this season!

Thanks guys! I was hunting in North East Kansas out in some private land. We were using two GSP's. I had a great time out for my first time! Didn't get anything but was well worth it!

Welcome! Always glad to have a new person on the site. We will be waiting for your results this year! Hope you have a great season. You're gonna love the site. They do a great job and everyone here are just super. Lots of good info. Good luck.:cheers:

Welcome to UPH, Do you own a dog? Hope to see you here often. Have a good and safe second season........Bob

Edgar,

Welcome to the forum and also the world of upland bird hunting.

That's what I'm talking about...another GSP...:cheers:...welcome to the site. Great guys and information.

Welcome and just remember there is no cure or rehab for the addiction you just acquired. Soon all you will think about is the next field and flush. Just wait till you kick up your first bird. Then it is all over.

I've gotta agree with jasper on this one, there isnt a cure or group for this addiction! Just curious where were u huntin in NE Ks? I live in the NE and dont usually see many other out

This is what I know, soon you will be hunting just to watch that wonderful dog of yours work and do her charm on the birds. You may even end up like some of us. We would rather watch the dog work, than shoot a bird..........Bob

Well that right in my neck of the woods! my parents live just north of 24 highway, there is a piece of WIHA just west of our place but the majority is up around the lake, maybe ill cya around there this year! I know that ill be hittin the WIHA around Valley Falls a few times after seeing multiple roosters there a few weeks ago

ohh wow! Well thats awsome that you live close to the wiha. Yeah maybe we will see eachother! Hopefully i will have my dog trained by that time!

Around the Perry area on state lands is where my addiction started 30 years ago. It hasn't eased up yet. I would have to thank my dad for getting out on those cold and snowy days and heading west out of KC.

Around the Perry area on state lands is where my addiction started 30 years ago. It hasn't eased up yet. I would have to thank my dad for getting out on those cold and snowy days and heading west out of KC.

I started hunting when i was around 10 years old and haven't stoped one year so far! I am 20 years old now and thank my dad for getting me started! Although this is going to be my second year upland hunting! I usually hunt deer and turkey! I know what you're saying bud! :D

Back