upgraded status!

oldandnew

Hey, Missouri, we got our own banner heading just like the real pheasant states! We better yack it up, make the most of those couple a dozen birds we flush back and forth to each other, so we can keep our position. I have come to the belief that all the mumbo jumbo about lack of habitat in North Missouri is a secondary problem to the rotten cold wet spring weather. last year, we got the additional beating from old man winter, but amazingly enough, contrary to the MDC whining, it looks to me like carry over wasn't an issue, I am seeing a good number of second year birds, ( I'm judging from size, and savy), almost no 1st year birds. Darn few quail. I did see the MDC deer season pressence, at a cafe in Pattonsburg, the other day, gearing up for the state animal opener. I didn't even ask about birds, they don't have a clue anyway. I am optimistic, that a decent couple of dry springs might bring us back, but habitat will then become the limting factor, because the farmers will get into the fields and plow hell out of everything they can get to with corn and beans going through the roof. Until then, with all the prevent plant acres available, anything we don't shoot ought to make it through the winter.

Back