Training Day/ Trial

Oggie

Stranger Creek Field Trial Club will be having a training day Sept 18th just west of the speedway. It will be $15per dog and that will cover bird cost. The following weekend they are having a trial on the same farm.

Contact Doug Meyer for directions and any questions. This will be a great way to meet new people and get your dog/ pup ready for the season.

Doug Meyer
(913)636-5591

Any and all is welcome. :cheers:

that would be the Speedway close to Cabelas- right-
is there a place where one can camp with dogs

Its actually 13 miles west of Cabelas in Tonganoxie. And you probably can camp out at the farm. Just give doug a call he will be able to answer any questions.

that would be the Speedway close to Cabelas- right-
is there a place where one can camp with dogs

shadow,

i live about 3 miles from there. You can camp at my place if you want. There is also cottonwood campground on 7 highway in Bonner Springs. It is a full service campground a few miles east of tonganoxie.

It is a AF event..

Doug is a great guy and I've trialed quite a bit at his place. I will be at both the training day and at the trial.

shadow,

i live about 3 miles from there. You can camp at my place if you want. There is also cottonwood campground on 7 highway in Bonner Springs. It is a full service campground a few miles east of tonganoxie.

thanks- might take you up on that-
will decide which weekend
might go out after some PC's on the way back

oggie- just talked to Doug- he was quite the guy- said "come up Sunday- pitch a tent if you want"- think I'll come up and see some of you

I'll be there for sure on Sunday. Dougs a good dude, that course might be a bit tight for your big runnin Brits Jim. Just sayin'. :)

I'm sure they will be fine handlin'.

Last edited:
Anyone make ut out there today? Was gonna go but with the crappy weather I decided to go to the local shooting range!

I made it out. My pup pointed her first quail (as opposed to a wing) so that was really nice to see. Pretty good group of guys out there.

jjoel, which dog was yours?

I made it out as well Doug's a good guy, have been out to his trials for a few years. It was good to see a lot of new folks out there.

I had the 16 mo. old vizsla (honey). My wife was with me too... I was the one that showed up a little late. I was paired up with another guy who had a 6 month old vizsla. It's amazing the difference a year makes between dogs. Mine actually pointed a bird during the walk-through while the other guy's dog wanted to run and play the whole time... that's the way my dog was last year.

Back