Trail Cam Pics

kick them up

Well I was told we need a trail cam thread. Here is what I had this week on the new farm camera. The other camera had a battery issue:mad:

One decent heavy 8 pt, a coyote and a doe that hung out daily. Also had a what looks to be a little 6 pt too. More to come.:D

Nice! Thanks for sharing those with us. That's got to make you excited for this Fall.
I put fresh batteries in my camera a couple weeks ago but haven't armed it yet. I'll turn it on this week and share my pics whenever I get some good ones.

Thanks for posting the great photos.

Sorry. I was one of the people who thought this thread would be a good idea, and I have totally failed at posting any trailcam photos. :eek: I would if I had any, but I seem to be experiencing a trailcam Fail-to-fire...:(

Just wondering if anybody else has seen or heard about sick, dead, or oddly-behaving deer recently. I have heard stories from a couple people in the last few weeks, wondering if it isn't due to toxic algae in the water.:confused: Or if maybe there is another disease present... or maybe these were just isolated incidents.

Nice pics. Thanks for posting.

Sorry. I was one of the people who thought this thread would be a good idea, and I have totally failed at posting any trailcam photos. :eek: I would if I had any, but I seem to be experiencing a trailcam Fail-to-fire...:(

Just wondering if anybody else has seen or heard about sick, dead, or oddly-behaving deer recently. I have heard stories from a couple people in the last few weeks, wondering if it isn't due to toxic algae in the water.:confused: Or if maybe there is another disease present... or maybe these were just isolated incidents.

Yes I saw it too. I have pulled the feeders of corn and hope that I won't have an issue with our little herd. no ponds on my land just the delaware river a quarter mile down the hill so I hope they are drinking there. The problem is caused by midges by ponds per the article I saw. Going to the farm this w/e to check cameras.

Kick'em Up

Looks like my trail cam finally decided to start working again. When I pulled the card and saw there were 63 images instead of the typical 0, I thought there must be a ton of animals around, or a rogue tree branch was setting it off...

Here are the two biggest bucks.
12pt.jpg

6pt.jpg

Lots of pics of turkeys, coyotes, raccoons, and even a bobcat.

There were some other bucks with more than six points, but that second guy looks like a bruiser to me.

Toad, that big guy with junk is your shooter.. Let the other one walk if you can he will be a monster one day. :thumbsup:

Ha! I'll probably just shoot another doe and they will either both be monsters or somebody else's trophies... or traffic accidents.:laugh:

I don't know how to tell the age of deer, but I think that 6 point has to be getting fairly old. This is the third season I've had the farm, and I'm pretty sure I've got pics of that same deer every year. If it is the same one from the last two years, I don't think he got any bigger this season. Last year his rack might have been a little taller.

I have not seen the other deer before this season, but I have several pictures of his rack from different angles. It is impressive.

Last edited:
Ha! I'll probably just shoot another doe and they will either both be monsters or somebody else's trophies... or traffic accidents.:laugh:

I don't know how to tell the age of deer, but I think that 6 point has to be getting fairly old. This is the third season I've had the farm, and I'm pretty sure I've got pics of that same deer every year. If it is the same one from the last two years, I don't think he got any bigger this season. Last year his rack might have been a little taller.

I have not seen the other deer before this season, but I have several pictures of his rack from different angles. It is impressive.

If the 6pt is that old you should kill it and get it out of the gene pool. Hes likely not magically going to grow any more points and I wouldnt want those genetics running around. If hes at least 4-5 years old (supposing you have the photos from 2-3 years ago) He should look better than that. Good Mgmt buck.

Back