Torii Hunter comes home to the Twins

birdshooter

Signed a one year 10.5 Million deal.

Are his best years behind him?

Can he help a team that mainly needs starting pitchers?

What can Torii bring to the twins next season?

Answers:
Possibly, although he was still hitting fairly well in Detroit. Lot's of teams were interested in Torii and the Twins made the push to get it done.

The answer to both the last two are yes IMO. What Torii will bring to the Twins more than his skill as a fielder and hitter are his leadership skills, something the Twins are seriously lacking and a role in which Mauer does not seem comfortable in.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I know the Royals were in on him too. I don't think they were thinking 10+, maybe 8-9 mil. Funny he said he wanted to go where he could win a championship. Not going to happen with the twins in the rest of his career, probably not with the royals either. Always comes down to the cash, no matter what.

Carp... you don't think the Royals could make a run next year too?

I think a bunch had to go right this year. We still have the same holes we had this year. No power, and low run output. Shields is gone, so we need another front line starter. Bullpen will be good again, but my big concern is run production.

No question his best years are at least a half-decade behind him -- you're talking about a man who has a son playing college football. He's always a good addition to any team, though, and could likely draw a paycheck for a couple seasons after this next one, if he chooses.

Nobody other than Barry Bonds had career years at Hunter's age, and we all know why that phenomenon occurred.

I think a bunch had to go right this year. We still have the same holes we had this year. No power, and low run output. Shields is gone, so we need another front line starter. Bullpen will be good again, but my big concern is run production.

Brandon Moss and Derek Norris for Escobar and Perez, I'll ring up Beane and get him working on it.:thumbsup: Moss and Norris will provide you guys with some thump from both sides of the plate and Escobar and Perez will shore up two of our the glaring weaknesses that showed their heads in the WC game.

Nobody other than Barry Bonds had career years at Hunter's age, and we all know why that phenomenon occurred.

Wait, what? Are you saying what I think you are saying?

Highly unlikely. :(

And Hunter hasn't had career years in a while. They just need someone who can show up to the park and lead the next wave of youngins

Wait, what? Are you saying what I think you are saying?

Highly unlikely. :(

And Hunter hasn't had career years in a while. They just need someone who can show up to the park and lead the next wave of youngins

What's unlikely? That Bonds' preposterous late-career numbers were greatly enhanced by steroids?

If you believe that they weren't, then there's a reservation with your name on it at the Fantasy Island Hotel.

I believe I misinterpreted your post before, unless you are saying that Hunter is on the juice...

I've never come across anything that even suggested Hunter might be on 'roids. There's been no spike in his numbers and no discernible increase in the size of his head, feet, etc., as was the case with Bonds.

Back