Tony Pointing

bobeyerite

smilingpoint.jpg

Look closely at the picture of Tony pointing a Quail. Notice he is SMILING. Now tell they don't know what they are doing and don't enjoy it. You would think from the point maybe the bird is a short distance away. But it was not it was right next to the front paw on the ground. Maybe that is what he is smiling at. I got you good Quailie bird.........Bob

Last edited:
Great pic Bob. Nice looking dog you have their!

I took Tony and Gunne out today and the city bums cut/chopped all the weeds where they were finding Quail. Boy were they dejected and me........Bob

Jmac, I hope Gunne gets to that pointing stage soon. But that is Tony, but as the trainer told me. Tony is a once in a lifetime hunting dog. Seeing him wear down with age makes me want rewind the clock back 10 years.........Bob

Last Spring, I took Tony on a spring hunt at a Game Shooting Preserve. He wore out and it took him 2 days to Recoup. The first day after the hunt, he could hardly move. My wife seen it and I asked for a replacement pup. She granted my request with Gunne. We agreed Tony would still be allowed to hunt, when able and would die of old age. Well the pup has made a big differnce in Tony. Gunne with all that puppy energy has rolled back the clock on Tony by about a year, I figure. I am having hopes that I may get more hunting time out of Tony this fall than I thought this spring. He is running and playing and such like a pup with the pup. It makes my heart feel good to see him happily enjoying his kennel mate........Bob

Last edited:
Bob, I'm sure glad you got Gunne when you did. Tough watching an older dog come to the end of his years. Did that a few years ago with Rocky, who was one of those rare dogs that doesn't come along very often. Having a youngster around helps the transition. Cherish all the good memories you had with Tony.

Thank you George, I will........Bob

Jmac, I hope Gunne gets to that pointing stage soon. But that is Tony, but as the trainer told me. Tony is a once in a lifetime hunting dog. Seeing him wear down with age makes me want rewind the clock back 10 years.........Bob

sorry bob, my mistake, from the pic, tony, looked small, i thought it was gunne. my mistake. still a great looking dog, on point.

No apology need Jmac. I do things like that all the time..........Bob

Back