Ticks

Hossdog

Holy crap the ticks are horrible this year. I have picked a couple off the pup but about 30 off me so far... Anybody else having the tick problem?

Pretty damn thick I would say. It didn't freeze hard enough this winter. Just had the ladies at work pick me up a new tube of original Avon Skin-so-Soft. Great repellent! :cheers:

In other news, anyone have any luck with the thunder chickens this week? Headed out tomorrow.

I haven't been out after turkeys, think the ticks ate them :rolleyes:

Around here, it is the worst year for ticks I have seen, ever!

I haven't been out after turkeys, think the ticks ate them :rolleyes:

Around here, it is the worst year for ticks I have seen, ever!

Definitely a possibility! Good new is, ticks are insects, and thus will be eaten by the quail and pheasant chicks! :D

I still hope the Toms haven't shut off though. :thumbsup:

Tick bites are the worst! It seems like they take forever to heal and quit itching.:mad: I found one on me last week that wasn't even attached yet, just kinda chewing still. I was hoping I wouldn't get the welt, but still did. Ticks suck!:mad: I probably have about a half dozen or so itching bites.

But honestly, I will have to say that I don't notice this year being any worse for me than previous years. Of course, I have always been a tick magnet my whole life. I always seem to get ticks while my companions never do. Maybe I'm just used to them, or my advancing age is making me less tasty.:eek:

The farmer we are visiting tomorrow just told me that the turkeys are still going at his place. He was optomistic about being able to get my daughter into some boids tomorrow. Hope he's right!:thumbsup:

Holy crap the ticks are horrible this year. I have picked a couple off the pup but about 30 off me so far... Anybody else having the tick problem?

The insects are bad this season. I have a Lawn & Landscape company and we are seeing all sort of early insect activity.
On a positive note I have used my homemade "Sawyer Permethrin Spray" for the entire season on me and the kid, I have been out at least 6 times now with no ticks on me or the kid:thumbsup:. I also use duct tape to seal my pant legs into the boots like a Hazmat suit.

See the Thread called Tick Counter Measures for the info on how to make it.
No hunting for me this weekend Mothers day has canceled all hunting, but my wife does want to go crappie fishing sunday. I almost have her talked into turkey hunting for a couple of hours with me. :eek:

Ticks are horrible this year for us as well. I can't remember ever picking so many off the dogs. They've got collars on as well as the stuff you put between the shoulder blades.

Turkey hunting tomorrow with my dad, hopefully we can get the big boys to cooperate, unlike a couple weeks ago when they were henned up. Left work earlier in the week and saw a Tom in full strut with a hen in front of him.

I was at La Cyne yesterday morning at my kids school camp and I didn't hear or see a bird. It's hard to spot or work them unless you are in a area that has an open field or pasture. Good Luck Cheesy & Toad:thumbsup:

Bad in Indiana this year. 1 walk arounf the field trial tng field at the club: 14 ticks on 3 dogs, 5 on me. Advantix II had them all damn mear dead when i found them Great stuff!!

Back