This would be good if it happens.

Actually it could happen, at least adding more crp acres. I am hearing rumblings that farm programs will be geared towards CO2 sequestration, and CRP is on of the things being tossed around along with cover crops, no till ect. Working the ground releases CO2, growing crops or other plants store it increasing organic matter in soil.

the dems will likely punish the red states, where most CRP would be available.
Peterson is a Democrat. Just as an FYI. He just got voted out. The incoming representative has unveiled no plans about CRP enhancements and I don't believe she has any agriculture background.

Peterson is a Democrat. Just as an FYI. He just got voted out. The incoming representative has unveiled no plans about CRP enhancements and I don't believe she has any agriculture background.
Good to hear of a "lame duck" politican showing up and putting forward positive legislation. Thats obviously not the norm.

Good to hear of a "lame duck" politican showing up and putting forward positive legislation. Thats obviously not the norm.
Yeah I wish more would do something meaningful I'm their lame duck sessions. It's a shame he's being voted out. He's a democrat in an fastly changing district in rural Western MN. He was slammed as an ultra liberal democrat but that couldn't be further from the truth. He's more republican than democrat (I'm a democrat and he would be a stick in the mud for stuff MN democrats tried to do) but he holds some strong values for farmers and environment. He was the Chairman of the Agriculture Committee for a LONG time. The new chairman is now from Georgia. Anyone who's from the Midwest, Democrat or not, should be disappointed he's leaving congress. It doesn't take a farmer to know agriculture in the Midwest is alot different than agriculture in Georgia.

Back